Bringing Baby Home
Even the strongest relationships are strained during the transition to parenthood.
Lack of sleep, never-ending housework and new fiscal concerns can lead to profound stress and a decline in marital satisfaction – all of which affect baby’s care.
Not surprisingly, 67% of new parents experience conflict, disappointment and hurt feelings.
Our research-based Bringing Baby Home workshops prepare couples for life with baby and helps them be the best parenting team possible.
In a relaxed and supportive environment, parents learn to strengthen their relationship and foster baby’s development during this challenging time. They build on what Dr. Gottman and colleagues found to be the best predictor of marital adjustment after baby arrives: the quality of friendship in the marriage.
We teach pregnant and parenting couples the skills needed to encourage healthy, supportive family relationships.
As a result of this training, you will learn how to:
- Strengthen your relationship
- Effectively manage stress and conflict
- Recognize and respond to postpartum mood anxiety and adjustment issues and postpartum depression
- Meet the emotional and psychological needs of a child
- Keep both parents involved in parenting
You will receive the Bringing Baby Home New Parents Couples Materials Set.
We are excited to announce these updated materials for the Bringing Baby Home New Parents Workshop!This set includes an improved and reorganized workbook and six re-designed card decks. It features new content on temperament, self-regulation, emotion coaching, research, and involvement of fathers; plus enhanced images, layout, content order and new ways to incorporate skills into parenting and relationships.
Over 250 pages of in-depth information, insights, examples and exercises help parents learn to:
- Maintain relationship satisfaction after having a baby
- Reduce relationship hostility and increase affection
- Promote positive parent-baby interactions
- Promote quality involvement for both parents
- Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
One Couples Materials Set includes one workbook and six BBH Card Decks:
- Love Maps
- Love Maps for Couples with Kids
- Open-Ended Questions
- Father Cards
- Softened Start-Up and Expressing Needs
These resources are designed to help couples in a Bringing Baby Home workshop learn the strategies and skills to make a successful transition to parenthood.